School Nursing Services
The Medford Township School Nurses work as part of an education team to promote the overall health and well-being of all students and staff that make up the Medford Township School District. A wide range of health services are provided at each school. These services include:
- Developing emergency care plans for students with life-threatening health conditions such as severe allergies to peanuts or bee stings, severe asthma or diabetic students with insulin reactions.
- Administering medications to students and care for ill or injured students in the school setting.
- Completing health assessments for students being evaluated to receive special education services. Providing state-mandated screenings and referrals for health conditions such as vision or hearing.
- Monitoring any possible communicable disease outbreaks in the school setting.
- Serving as a liaison between the school, the home, and medical or other community resources.
- Providing health education to students.
- Promoting a healthy school environment.