Welcome to Mrs. Templin's Second Grade Website! Here you will find what is happening in our busy lives. You will be able to access tools we are using in the classroom and great websites to use at home with your second grader. I hope you enjoy this page and please contact me with any questions, suggestions, or comments.Name: Danielle TemplinGrade: 2Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgPhone Ext: 3072Room #:10The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate "apparently ordinary" people to unusual effort. The tough problem is not in identifying the winners: it is in making winners out of ordinary people ~ K. Patricia CrossGood teaching is one fourth preparation and three fourths pure theatre~ Gail Godwin
I believe the essence of teaching is about creating meaningful learning experiences for every child, which emphasize:
- children's active participation in their learning, they should be able to talk with peers and make choices based on personal interest to them.
- teaching meaningful and important lessons that are relevant and essential to high performing student achievement.
- curriculum content and teaching strategies that consider the developmental stage of each child, their learning style, their current academic level, diverse background and their individual schema of the world.
- working collaboratively with my grade level team members to provide intervention and enrichment to all second grade students.
- the regular use of technology for our learning.
- consistent and on-going assessment of student progress.
There are many resources and systems in place at Chairville Elementary to accomplish my teaching and learning philosophy: our own classroom community, meaningful, important classroom lessons, parent connection and communication, resources in the community and on the Internet, and my own continued learning and on-going professional development.