Elaine LipnitzGrade:6Phone Ext: 8534Nurse's Office
Babysitting Club AdvisorWELCOME TO THE HAINES 6TH GRADE CENTER NURSE'S PAGEWe are living in unprecedented times right now. Who would ever of foreseen a time when our students would be learning from home online due to a virus. You may be frightened or you may feel unsure, either way you need to know that the staff here at Haines is available to you. Even though I may not physically be in school I am still available if you have any questions or concerns. Please feel free to email me or leave me a message. I am checking both twice daily and will get back to you.I wanted to have a page of reliable resources available for parents, guardians and even our students. Below are some links I think you may find helpful.I hope that you and your family are healthy and in good spirits. This can be a very stressful time for adults and children alike. Try to always find time each day to see the positives in your life. Develop healthy schedules to keep both your mind and body active and in good health. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, here are some helpful tips:General Healthy Reminders
- Find a simple but effective schedule that works for you
- Eat healthy foods
- Drink plenty of fluids, water over juices/sodas
- Get plenty of exercise daily (being outside in your own yard is good)
- Get a good night sleep each night
Healthy Reminders During Covid-19
COVID-19 RESOURCESVIRUS INFORMATION AND HEALTH RELATEDCenter for Disease Control (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/Kids Health for Teens https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/about.htmlAmerican Academy of Pediatrics Parenting Website https://www.healthychildren.org/English/Pages/default.aspxWorld Health Organization (WHO) Myth Busting Covid-19 https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-bustersNJ Department of Health (NJDOH) https://www.nj.gov/health/Free COVID-19 testingFind a Health Center @ https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/
- Wash Your Hands - for at least 20 seconds
- Can't wash your hands use hand sanitizer (with at least >60% alcohol)
- Keep your hands away from your face (nose, eyes, mouth and ears)
- Cover your cough with your inner elbow or better yet use a tissue, dispose the tissue and then Wash Your Hands
- Clean frequently touched surfaces such as door knobs, computers, cell phones, etc
- Social Distancing- its okay to play outside just not with groups of friends, keep at least 6 feet from others
- If you are sick stay home and tell an adult if you don't feel well. If you feel the need to see a physician call first
● Enter your zip code to find a free Coronavirus testing center.
● Fees: Testing and treatments are free.
● If you test positive, you will be isolated for 14 days.PARENT RESOURCESChildren Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) newsletter- Talking to Your Children About Covid19 https://www.chop.edu/news/health-tip/talking-children-about-new-coronavirus-disease-covid-19National Association of School Psychologists and National Assocation of School Nurses (NASN) - Talking To Children About Covid-19. A Parent Resource https://higherlogicdownload.s3.amazonaws.com/NASN/3870c72d-fff9-4ed7-833f-215de278d256/UploadedImages/PDFs/02292020_NASP_NASN_COVID-19_parent_handout.pdfDepartment of Human Services, Department of Family Development https://www.childcarenj.gov/Resources/CoronavirusNew Jersey Human Services- Benefits for ResidentsState of NJ Child Care Subsidy https://www.nj.gov/governor/news/news/562020/20200318b.shtmlThe Clay Center for Young Healthy Minds https://www.mghclaycenter.org/hot-topics/7-ways-to-support-kids-and-teens-through-the-coronavirus-pandemic/FINANCIAL RESOURSESComcast Offering Free Wi Fi to Low Income FamiliesHome Energy AssistanceBurlington Community Action Partnership http://www.bccap.org/home-energy-assistance/FOOD RESOURSESFood Bank of NJ http://foodbanksj.org/food-resources/Faith Presbyterian Church - Food Shelf, 318 Stokes Road, Medford. 609-654-5148, ext 103. leave a message with your name and number. Messages are checked daily.Fellowship Allilance Church - Food Pantry, 199 Church Road, Medford. 609-953-7333Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, Stay Positive.