Welcome to First Grade! I am very excited that you are in my class. We have a wonderful school year ahead of us. First grade will include reading workshop, writing workshop, math, handwriting, science, social studies,computers, art, gym, music, and . . . LUNCH AND RECESS!
You will need certain supplies for school this year. Most supplies will become community supplies and will be used by anyone who needs them. You do not need to label anything, unless specified. Please bring these items with you on the first day of school!FIRST GRADE SUPPLY LIST
1. 2 highlighters
2. 2 wire-bound notebook (8 ½ by 11) – labeled with name
3. 2 blue paper folders
4. 2 green paper folders
5. 2 red paper folders
6. 2 orange paper folders
7. 2 graphic folders of your choice – labeled with name
8. 1 24-pack Crayola crayons
9. 1 pack washable Crayola markers (classic colors)
10. 4 dozen SHARPENED pencils
11. 1 BIG glue stick
12. 4 packs of Post-It notes (standard size 3X3)
13. 4X6 lined post it notes (100 sheets per pad)
14. 3 large erasers
15. 1 box of eraser tops
16. 2 black expo dry erase markers
17. 1 bottle hand sanitizer (Purell or Germ-Ex)
18. 1 pack of 3 X 5 index cards
19. 2 250-count box of tissues
20. 1 box sandwich-sized plastic storage bags WITH SLIDER ZIPPERS
21. 1 box gallon-sized plastic storage bags WITH SLIDER ZIPPERS
22. 1 dry erase board eraser
23. An art smock labeled with your child’s name (Can be an old adult shirt).
24. A daily healthy snack – labeled with name
Enjoy your summer!
Your first grade teacher!!!